"Surfing is the most blissful experience you can have on this planet, a taste of heaven" - John McCarthy... surfer
learn to surf
Costa Rica is one of the top surfing destinations in the world! Our coastline is full of amazing surf breaks with waves for every level of surfer, from first-timers to seasoned pros! With an average water temperature of 84 degrees and consistent waves throughout the year, there is no better place to learn to surf!
Our 1/2 Day Surf Lessons include the following:
- Pick up / drop off by boat directly from the beach closest to your hotel
- 1 1/2 to 2 hour in-water lesson with a local, highly experienced, professional instructor
- Beverages (like water, iced tea, soda and beer)
- Light Snacks (fresh fruits, chips with fresh dip, banana bread)
For this day, we pick you up by boat from the beach closest to where you are staying and head to either Playa Iguanita or Prieta, just a short cruise away inside the Bahia Culebra. The wave at these two spots is small and great for practicing the basics involved in learning how to surf. There we will have a two hour in-water lesson. This, like all of our tours, will be a private tour, so you are sure to receive excellent attention and instruction! We will bring along a few beverages to keep you refreshed along the way.
Tour duration: approximately 4 hours
Pickup Time: Depends on tide
Pickup Location: We pickup by boat directly from the beach of all Papagayo Gulf hotels and the beaches of El Coco, Hermosa, Ocotal and Matapalo
Things To know:
- we always require a minimum of two people per reservation
- we do not require a deposit in order to make your reservation; however, we do ask that you give a minimum of 24 hours notice for any changes to your reservation so that we may re-book the time / equipment
-This is an important one: If you reserve for 5 people, then show up the morning of the tour with only 4 people, we still will need to charge you for the 5 people that you made the reservation for... there's a lot of reasons for this that we won't bore you with them.